Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ke Nako – It is time!

Good morning from the Aero Guest Lodge where I’m having my last cup of tea before I head out to start my trip back home. Yes there are conflicting emotions… I really enjoy A&A/Kris friendship but I miss home, I want to watch in person the US/Ghana, Mexico/Argentina and England/Germany games, but I want to watch World Cup games with Viviana.

A special thanks to Annabe and Adrian for taking care of me as family does and to Kris for allowing me to share my futbol passion with him… I suspect they will be visiting me in Artesia, California.

For my last night at the lodge, A&A gave me their best room with tub and everything, wow as they had to sleep up in the attic. However, in the morning the lights kept shutting off and on… perhaps Adrian’s way of letting me know it was time to leave the room so they could get it ready for the next guests.

I started out this trip ready to embrace South Africa, and I’m leaving having had South Africa embraced me through its people, always smiling, always helping out and always offering their warmth and caring attitude… it is great! Then there are the different people from different countries you meet with a common passion for the World Cup, with expert opinions on everything from which team formation to use to what to do with the players that miss scoring opportunities or provide them for the opponent with their errors.

All of this made for a wonderful experience that I will continue to value as the years go by. It took a lot of people to bring the World Cup to South Africa, but I’m glad that Mr. Blatter started the notion and Mandela sealed the deal when he joined the South African delegation and shared his passion for his country and his continent when he connected with the World Cup committee. Giving us a World Cup in Africa, once in a life time experience! My return trip will take me through Cairo, Paris and then to L.A. to get work done at the office and get ready for the National Games in Florida. We will continue to share our observations of the World Cup games via this blog from other exotic locations and try to provide interesting and fun information that can generate passionate discussion about the World Cup in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment